This product is no longer available. Please see below for our recommended alternative products.
||See product label
||Native GFAP extracted from rat spinal cord
||Glial fibrillary acidic protein; astrocyte
||Protein G purified IgG
||IHC. A dilution of 1:500-1:1000 is recommended. This antiserum works superbly for staining of paraffin-embedded tissue sections fixed in formalin, frozen sections and cell cytospins. Proteinase-K pre-treatment of tissues has been shown to produce most specific pattern of staining with negligible background. Occasionally, antigen retrieval by microwave (heat retrieval of the epitope) can produce some non-specific staining. Biosensis recommends optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||This antibody is specific for GFAP shown by IHC and ELISA.
||Human, mouse, rat and cow and expected to react to GFAP protein of origins of cat, dog and sheep
||If you would like to see the shared identity between different species or other proteins follow the link in Accession field, select then the sequence (make sure that you are selecting the sequence that you are interested in, as the sequence may be the precursor rather than the mature protein for example) and copy and paste it HERE and blast/format it.
||Reconstitute in 250 µl of sterile water. This will result in a concentration of 1 mg/ ml. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
||After reconstitution keep aliquots at -20°C for a higher stability, and at 4°C with an appropriate antibacterial agent. Avoid repetitive freeze/thaw cycles. Glycerol (1:1) may be added for an additional stability.
||12 months after purchase
||1. Reeves S.A, et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 86:5178-5182(1989).
2. Brenner M, et al. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 7:277-286(1990).
2. Isaacs A, et al. Genomics 51:152-154(1998).
3. Ota T, et al. Nat. Genet. 36:40-45(2004).
4. Nielsen A.L, et al. J. Biol. Chem. 277:29983-29991(2002).
5. Singh R, et al. Genomics 82:185-193(2003).
6. Brenner M, et al. Nat. Genet. 27:117-120(2001).
7. Brockmann K, et al. Eur. Neurol. 50:100-105(2003).
8. Stumpf E, et al. Arch. Neurol. 60:1307-1312(2003).
9. Sawaishi Y, et al. Neurology 58:1541-1543(2002).
10. Aoki Y, et al. Neurosci. Lett. 312:71-74(2001).