About the Company
Biosensis Pty Ltd is a privately held biotechnology company located in Thebarton, South Australia. Our employees are dedicated to providing fine life science tools for researchers in academia and industry. We specialise in ELISA kits, staining reagents, antibodies and proteins for neurodegenerative disease research and diagnostics.
We are seeking to expand our team with a Manufacturing Officer to support our Manufacturing & QC department. The role will help manufacture biological reagents and perform their QC analysis. Depending on your skills and company needs, you will be required to support new product development (R&D). This full-time position suits a scientist with some relevant work experience. This job is available immediately and initially for a 12-month appointment, with expectation of continuation.
- Facilitate the day-to-day operations and workflow within the Manufacturing sector.
- Manufacturing and dispensing antibodies, conjugates, and ELISA kit reagents (buffers, solutions, etc.)
- Performing QC analysis, analysing data, and completing batch records.
- Oversee and maintaining electronic databases.
- Labelling and assembling ELISA kits and other products for sale.
- Writing, and updating, manufacturing documentation.
- Complying with internal policies, SOPs, and quality standards.
- General laboratory organisation and ordering of consumables.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Coordinating laboratory equipment testing and maintenance.
- Supporting R&D activities, under guidance, for new product validation ad development
The selected individual will need to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and ability to delegate tasks effectively, as well as have a high level of skill in laboratory techniques.
- Degree in Biochemistry (BSc.) or related science discipline with a minimum of two years of recent relevant work experience
- Proficient in a minimum of two analytical laboratory techniques, such as immunoassays (ELISA), Western blotting, protein purification, flow cytometry, and immunocytochemistry.
- Hands-on experience in Quality Control analysis and release processes.
- Strong planning, critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail, and effective delegation of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver tasks on time with a high degree of accuracy.
- High computer literacy, particularly in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven aseptic cell culture experience, preferably handling hybridoma cells.
- Experience in supervisor roles with a demonstrated ability to lead and oversee teams, implement effective management strategies, and drive successful outcomes.
- Proven background in thriving within dynamic and rapidly changing work environments.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively organising and meeting project or customer deadlines.
Applicants with good working knowledge of immunological techniques and / or a neuroscience background are encouraged to apply
This position provides an opportunity to be part of a strong and collaborative team building a company creating novel products for life scientists around the world. To apply for this position, send your detailed resume including details of at least 2 referees, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and stating your earliest availability via email to [email protected]. Applications close Sunday 2/02/2024, 11 PM (ACST). Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.